1. I can freely berate, hate and discriminate against white races and cultures without fear of repercussions or being labelled a racist by anyone — even the white people I openly discriminate against
Except that PoC are CONSTANTLY labelled anti-White racists by white people, yourself included, which means that you kinda just disproved yourself. Woops.
2. I can access an array of free benefits for education, employment and substance abuse that white people cannot simply because I am a person of colour
Actually what happened was that the government had to get laws passed so that People of Color could get ANY of those benefits, which were actually laws that were passed a little while after they had to pass laws just to force colleges to accept non-white students in the first place, and to force businesses to hire People of Color, and all of this happened after we had to pass a law telling people that they couldn’t own other people anymore, and then a bunch of people got pissed because they didn’t want to have to pay the people whose free labor they formerly lived off of, and all of this happened after kidnapping said People of Color from their homelands and living off of their labor for free for several hundred years.
You seen to be confused as to who is getting what for free.
3. I can turn vast, sprawling and pristine European, Australian, Canadian and British cities, towns and villages into ghettoes and not be blamed for enacting forceful segregation, mass crimewaves and general psychological torment on the peoples previously living there
ACTUALLY People of Color have been consistently confined in ‘ghettos’ because of forceful segregation BY WHITE PEOPLE WHO DIDN’T WANT TO HAVE TO LIVE NEXT TO THE PEOPLE THAT THEY HAD FORMERLY BEEN ENSLAVING. Also anytime the police force of a town or county is unable to give enough of a shit about a ‘ghetto’ to commit officers to keep the area safe, there are going to be crimewaves. That’s sort of like… simple logic.
4. I can go to a hairdressers, stores and clubs with expectations of the patrons being part of my race exclusively
Are you all 12?
The entire Eurocentric ideal of beauty and entertainment pander very specifically to white people. This manifests in a sliding scale of worth based on your skin color with the whitest white people on one end and the Blackest Black people on the other end. What you’re describing would be a ‘safe space’ and there aren’t many of those, because of people like you.
5. I can always rely on affirmative action to help me when necessary
Are you all 12? Also, keep in mind that affirmative action is usually in most cases used to award white women over anybody else. You need to look at actual statistics because either you are willfully ignoring them or you are actually all 12 in which case I will be a lot less confused about how any of you thought that anything in this post reflected anything that ever actually happens or has happened in the actual world in which I have the misfortune to co-exist with you.
Also, in traditional systems of counting, there is a 6 in between 5 and 7.
7. When I am told about our national heritage or about “civilization,” I am shown that people of my color made it what it is, despite never inventing the wheel, or indeed achieving anything beyond basic European architecture
Except that People of Color have invented shitpiles of things only to have them stolen or adapted by white people like say, I dunno, the fucking polio vaccine. Also baths. Also, technological advancement is absolutely not a leader factor in the concept of civilization, ever.
8. I can openly criticize those who try to impose their values on my race (such as altruism, forward planning, moral decency and prosperous civilisation) yet I can interfere in whatever Europid community and cry racism when they express their grievances
You simply have no concept of the meaning of the term ‘forceable’. Forceable imposition is taking people from the place that they live and making them work for you for free, raping and killing them at whim and then reinforcing your supremacy in every other way imaginable when you are forced to free them. That’s forceable imposition. Causing a chain of actions that results in white kids choosing to wear absurdly large gold chains in an attempt to appropriate Black culture is not forceable imposition.
9. I can go into a country illegally, be tolerated, commit some of the most heinous crimes, and only suffer deportation as punishment.
This explains why there are American vigilantes posted at the US/Mexican border with AR-15s hoping to murder any brown people that attempt to cross. It also explains why I was taught that the best way to deal with illegal immigrants is to shoot them and bury them in my back yard, which is something that people actually do in this country. ‘Illegal’ immigrants are not tolerated, and white bankers actually commit a lot more heinous crimes than they do.
9.2. I can have groups of white people such as Amnesty International protest against my deportation, leaving me free to drain my victims’ society until such time as I am deemed free to terrorize them once more
Except that most ‘illegal’ immigrants just do jobs that white people don’t want to do, like in my hometown which is a poultry hub where a great majority of the employees of processing plants are undocumented workers. And not because they came here to steal the jobs, but because a white person with a fuckload of debt and a pile of children will usually still refuse to work in a processing plant. Also, undocumented immigrants are generally very careful to not commit crimes because they’re likely to be deported or, ya know, murdered for doing so.
10. I can claim any and all benefits for ancestry and culture despite not practicing anything native to my mother country, and having about as much in common with them as Europeans
Well, I’m just gonna say that sometimes it’s hard to keep roots with the motherland when you’re taken from it and forced to work for white people for several hundred years. Or if white people invaded your homeland and murdered and enslaved your people and stole your land, or herded you into detainment camps during WWII, leaving you somewhat separated from the way things used to be.
11. I can disregard the existence of black slave owners, and enforce slavery was entirely racial rather than class based
Ok well. Compile me an actual list of Black slaveowners and then we can have a conversation about that. Also tell me who, in this time period, was willing to sell land to a Black man and we’ll continue to have our conversation about that. Also, explain to me how otherwise seemingly rational people would believe on a national scale that enslaving people was ok and how this system was CONSTANTLY reinforced with racism and explain to me how all chief arguments against abolition were centered around white people being more human that Black people but how none of that was racism. Please do.
12. I can adopt any and all other cultures and be tolerated, mostly white, while maintaining that our own cultures should be preserved and exclusive to its race of origin
This is basically just point 8 using different language. But again, people who’ve had another culture forced upon them are not adopting that culture. They’re having their own stolen from them. Wishing to keep your own culture sacred is not the antithesis of being forced to adopt another. They go hand in hand, and this is what white people have been putting everybody else through for centuries.
13. (if applicable) I can enter a new country and sue, attack and protest because a custom in a totally different part of the world is frowned upon in my culture
I don’t even know what the fuck this means but if by ‘a custom’ you mean a basic respect for human rights then there should probably be some attacking and suing and protest but no seriously I actually have no fucking idea what this point means.
14. I can claim I am equal to a race with typically higher intelligence than my own, and that we are all equal, unless the race is lesser
I guess you’d have to look at the signifiers for intelligence and realize that they are, overwhelmingly, geared toward white people in the US and the UK. Not only in terms of IQ testing but in the ways that textbooks are written and the ways that all forms of standardized testing are conducted.
15. I can abuse privilege under the guise of equality
I think you mean that people are unfortunately now being allowed to defend themselves with a slightly lower likelihood of being murdered for it.
16. I can reject any and all scientific evidence proving any inferiority of my race, and in turn claim the scientists who studied, researched and proved these things are racist and have them globally shunned and discredited
Do me a favor and look into the history of the word ‘Caucasian’ and then explain to me how genetics is not a white supremacist field.
A sample response to “White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack”. Much more to be published.
No please don’t.
An essay by three people, each from different European cultures, with entirely different political stances sharing common ground.
M.S., P.V., E.M.
Who are all 12.
YOU CAN NOT ACHIEVE EQUALITY THROUGH PRIVILEGE, REPARATIONS AND BENEFIT FOR ANY RACE OR GENDER. IF YOU WANT EQUALITY, THEN ACT AS AN EQUAL, ANY USAGE OR SEEKING OF THE FORMER ENFORCE RACIAL SUPERIORITY OR ACCEPTANCE OF INFERIORITY.
Ok. The main problem with this post is not anything that you actually brought up. This is old stuff. This is the same shit that white supremacists have been spouting since the first white people thought that there was some sort of supremacy in living off of the labor of others. This is the Confederate Constitution, the KKK Manifest, and SCV mission statement, the Stormfront ‘about me’ section, and Mein Kampf all rolled into the same bland old white supremacist rhetoric that has absolutely no originality left in it.
The problem with this post is that you felt the need to make it. This is why I casually suggest that you’re all 12 years old. Not because only the pre-teen are racist or hateful, and not because age or racism in any way relate to intelligence, but because there’s absolutely nothing new or original here. If you knew were more advanced white supremacists than you are then you would know that your work here has been done. This area has been covered more than enough.
The problem is that you were put into a situation where you needed to choose a side. And you chose this one. This side is much easier to take, requires much less critical thinking, and leaves you in a place where it’s much easier to feel good about yourself, and to feel safe. And that’s a manifestation of your privilege. And you do this at the expense of everybody that doesn’t have it.
This post is cowardly, and it’s simple. And it’s sad.
Note: I haven’t included sources in my rebuttal because you included none in your original post. No sources exist for any of the ‘facts’ that you listed. They just don’t. If you’d like to track them down then I’m here to view them and disprove those too.
Another note: Fuck you.
Last note: Fuck yourself.
Last last note: Then die.
This is disgusting. I’m reblogging for the commentary and take down. I bolded the responses because they are true and white people need to take them to heart.
All I can say is that pretty much everything on this list is actually things we white people get away with daily and in mass numbers. Seriously. Just insert “white people” in the right places and it becomes a starkly true statement of how protected, coddled, and supremacist we white folks are.
Because while this person may be a slightly more extreme example, these are the kinds of beliefs that fuel microaggressive racism every day, that cause the sort of exclusionary, erasing, and violent hatred towards PoC that I’ve seen various, heard, and observed PoC testifying to so many times.
If you think any one of these things on this wrong ass list are actually true, you’re being extremely racist and you ARE the problem. Not just part of it. You ARE the problem.