So, right now I’m having a lot of back pain in my lower back. It’s a dull ache, sometimes a sharp stabbing and generally a very bad, stiff, sore feeling that’s goes from my second to last vertebra all the way down into my butt and legs.
I can’t get an appt. with any doctor any time soon. I tried calling and pretty much everyone was booked until late October. My regular doc called in a script of naproxen (what Aleve is) for me, and that hasn’t helped all that much.
I know that there are a lot of folks out there in the Tumblrverse that know a lot about how to help the body heal and feel better, so I’m asking for some knowledge and advice, if that’s okay.
I’ve got a heating pad (which is somewhat helpful) and that’s about it. Yes, I am very fat (280 lbs, 5’5), and if your advice is “lose weight”, well, I ain’t getting any thinner being unable to walk for long distances or sit up in a chair for too long or lay down comfortable. And fuck it, I’d love to be able to resume exercising because I miss it, but I am in TOO MUCH PAIN. So keep weight remarks to yourself, please. Right now I need remedies and pain relief and ways to work around and through this so I can do the things I need to do in my life.
So, advice? Anyone?
- starkidinvasion likes this
- moomaldthings answered: That sucks, back pain’s the worst. Can you lie flat on your back or on your front while you’re using your computer?
- jadelyn answered: If it’s down into legs, probably sciatica. Chiropractor maybe? And something other than naproxen, that shit don’t work. Straight ibuprofen.
- kimsperfectlycursedlife answered: Sounds like sciatica pain. Find a chiropractor in your area. Preferably one who uses KST.
- madamethursday posted this