[Image: Webcam photo of a young white girl in glasses.]
using this picture
and it said i looked 86% percent like malcom x
[Image: Black andwhite photograph of Malcolm X, standing andpointing.]
[Image: Picture of the above white girlmocking the pose thatMalcolm X made in the photo shown.]
You look nothing like him. -_-
This shit reminds me of when I saw a picture of Huey Freeman and some kpop idol with an afro and someone went “I don’t see the difference” and I was…
okay, i see you’re not taking this as lightly as i did. I thought this was funny because i look nothing like Malcolm x, and i mocked his facial expression and hand movements because i honestly was trying to see the resemblance i apparently had to Malcolm x (Besides the glasses of course). this was on the website myheritage.com on their celebrity face recognition generator (or something), go try it out and see who you’re paired with silly or not. I’m sorry you found my post offensive and if you’re still hurt about it I’ll delete it, but I’m pretty sure this was a misunderstanding.
White people, wanna collect this?
Oh wait. You guys just wanna turn tail and run when we dare critisize you, so you won’t. Don’t worry, we’ll handle this one on our own. Again.
Now with you.
“Hi, I’m a white person. I did something and tagged it as not racist, showing that I knew this was offensive and could have been taken as racist. And instead of just accepting that I probably shouldn’t have done this and that it was insulting, I’m going to whitesplain this and try to claim a misunderstanding instead of recognizing that I did a racist act and just apologize and not do it again. Because I, as a white person, totes know what is racist or not better than the two people who called me out for doing something racist. I know better than two members of a race who watch white people mock their people, even their highly-praised political figures, every day of their lives. But fuck understanding that what I did was offensive, disrespectful, and, yes, racist. I’m white and my intentions totally override the racism I displayed in my post.”
That’s what I just read.
woah, okay, that escalated quickly. I was trying to be civil, but i guess you didn’t like that either. I’m sorry that you were scouring through the “not racist” tag just to find something to be offended by, then feel holy-er-than-thou because you are offended by something. I honestly was trying to snuff out the problem by a simple apology, but instead i am going to be ridiculed by a social justice blogger. This whole conversation is silly, and i would like to stop it before it gets any sillier. then again, you’re arguing with a 14 year old girl on the internet, this is about as silly as it gets.
1. Civility means shit when you’re being racist as fuck. And no, you were not civil at all. Dismissing someone’s anger when you’ve been racist is NOT CIVIL just because you use “nice” words and fauxpologies. Being racist is not CIVIL just because you don’t cuss or scream. You were NEVER civil in any of this. You were the opposite of it, actually.
2. Age doesn’t excuse a damn thing. If teenagers of color are old enough to have heinous, racist things done to them (and I mean everything from bullying to being shot and killed), you’re more than old enough to be told you’re acting racist and to handle it when people are RIGHTFULLY angered, upset, annoyed, or otherwise put out with you because you did something hurtful
3. You need to go look up the history that you’re mocking and disrespecting. You’re obviously old enough to use Google to find a picture of Malcolm X, now how about you use those same skills to LEARN WHAT HAPPENED and why what you did is racist?
4. Blackridinnhood has already given you a lot that you need to think DEEPLY about. So why don’t you do what you should have done the first time around. Take what you’ve been told, genuinely apologize for fucking up, admit it was fucked up, and then go and sit and think about all this until you get why it was wrong and then NEVER DO STUFF LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN.
- countonlybluecars likes this
- on-the-rhodium reblogged this from witchsistah and added:
- curioustoned likes this
- violentgirls likes this
- witchsistah reblogged this from thinkspeakstress and added:
- thinkspeakstress reblogged this from on-the-rhodium and added:
- teamf00d reblogged this from karnythia
- ltched reblogged this from madamethursday and added:
- daughterofmulan reblogged this from on-the-rhodium and added:
- on-the-rhodium likes this
- drwhy reblogged this from on-the-rhodium
- bsays likes this
- sickboooogie likes this
- motorizedmycologist reblogged this from daughterofmulan and added:
- laziestgenius likes this
- imarion reblogged this from on-the-rhodium and added:
- shewalkslikethunder reblogged this from on-the-rhodium and added:
- windatyourfeels reblogged this from alexandraerin and added:
- alexandraerin reblogged this from thinkspeakstress
- madamethursday reblogged this from on-the-rhodium and added:
- karnythia reblogged this from witchsistah and added:
- alostbird reblogged this from on-the-rhodium and added:
- shallwestopthisbleeding reblogged this from on-the-rhodium
- karkatthewvantas likes this
- on-the-rhodium posted this