Until the day I die I will always be “reasonably suspicious,” a possible drug-cartel member or illegal immigrant. I will never be waved through border patrol checkpoints which not dot Southern Arizona like those in the car in front of me.
Even the books I read and music I listen to or art I enjoy will be used against me in a court of law, as it was in the Ethnic Studies trial in Arizona.
And despite the race of the mass shooters, from Jared Loughner to James Holmes, or to other murderers outside of Tucson such as Shawna Forde and Jason Bush, white supremacist members of the Minutemen that killed Brisenia Flores and her father while also shooting her mother, the Sheriff Arpaio lovers and TEA Party will never start fearing their grandkids even though Russell Pearce and Jan Brewer have sons in jail.
It is the brown person that must be feared. It is Latinos getting educated in Mexican American Studies that plan to “overthrow the US Government.” And it is us who are the cause of the financial meltdown. It has nothing to do with the billionaire bankers and their bailouts, but mythical welfare collectors who we all picture as black and Latino.
Just as with other mass murders, the media will focus on this for another 15 minutes and then it will be forgotten. Then another murderer will be spawned, and we will wonder once again why it happened.
Perhaps if Americans started looking within, and at all cultures and races, rather than focusing as Arizona does on the evilness of Ethnic Studies and bilingual education, or whether people living here peacefully for decades have the proper paperwork, then we might prevent future tragedies.
But this would require us to look beyond the illusion, the American flag or the crucifix in the house and focus more on what type of weapons your neighbor has and why. Their internet ramblings and conspiracy sites they visit may be more dangerous than a banned book by Rudy Acuña read in TUSD.
This will never happen.
- unbalancedformula reblogged this from vero9413
- peterpangal365 likes this
- gwydionmisha reblogged this from browngurlwfro
- gwydionmisha likes this
- verbanonacta1 likes this
- swsmh likes this
- vivalawilde likes this
- politicore likes this
- everythingisprecious likes this
- gwiyeoun-gizibe reblogged this from art-is-the-word
- aleimina likes this
- art-is-the-word reblogged this from wouldyoubelieveme
- wouldyoubelieveme reblogged this from obscure-one
- obscure-one reblogged this from navigatethestream
- mgomes likes this
- illsunny reblogged this from intellectualhoodrat
- naptasticdiva likes this
- naptasticdiva reblogged this from intellectualhoodrat
- intrepidvector likes this
- shevilfempire reblogged this from racialicious
- librariansdoitinthestacks reblogged this from dendroica
- foulmouthedliberty likes this
- roamingcatholics reblogged this from decolonizeyourmind
- cassienovella reblogged this from so-so-justice-blog
- applesintheearlyfall reblogged this from moosedeevita
- commiphora reblogged this from turdlewexler
- dirtyblastard likes this
- grangerisourqueen reblogged this from gutterofasnakepit
- apolloinc reblogged this from finedineonmyvegangenitalia
- apolloinc likes this
- gutterofasnakepit reblogged this from finedineonmyvegangenitalia
- finedineonmyvegangenitalia reblogged this from sexgenderbody
- finedineonmyvegangenitalia likes this
- ladien reblogged this from 18-15n-77-30w
- musiclovesweed reblogged this from pishhposhh
- aliuribe likes this
- gumballguardians reblogged this from 18-15n-77-30w
- laurachavela reblogged this from cielito-lindo
- epistolaefeminae reblogged this from anotsosadsong
- sessile29 reblogged this from hamburgerjack
- weatherall likes this
- cielito-lindo reblogged this from platanos-fritos
- awesomemaximas reblogged this from 18-15n-77-30w
- ohuwantsomeofthishotfire reblogged this from 18-15n-77-30w
- chaliboo reblogged this from 18-15n-77-30w
- naturalllynikki likes this
- trust2 likes this
- chirubian reblogged this from lamusiquecestlavie
- see-linewoman likes this