I mean, it’s one thing if you think I’ve been putting out requests too often — I actually agree with you, and lately I’ve been trying to dial them back — but to criticize the act of asking for donations itself betrays an overattachment to the myth of meritocracy that I do not share.
anyone who’s been messaging kiri to shame her about asking for help, i’m going to need you to fuck right off.
there’s no shame in asking for help if you need it. EVER.
that’s not even mentioning the societal disadvantage, statistically, that kiri and all trans women are dealing with. not only is the economy total fucking shit, but guess what, it’s not easy for trans women to find work sometimes even if the economy is perfect.
it is disgusting to me that someone would take time out of their day to message someone who needs help, with the sole purpose of shaming them for asking for it.
People who are assholes to those asking for donations are unbearably nasty.
Boostin’ for Kiri!
Social/community safety nets take whatever forms are useful and necessary. This is one of them.
- hidden-agender reblogged this from tchy
- tchy reblogged this from alexandraerin and added:
- telegantmess likes this
- ashleyrealitymurphy reblogged this from popelizbet
- rjmakes likes this
- popelizbet reblogged this from moofable
- fatmf reblogged this from alexandraerin
- storyofaquietgirl likes this
- aka14kgold likes this
- thatfeministdyke reblogged this from alexandraerin
- moofable reblogged this from alexandraerin
- madamethursday reblogged this from alexandraerin
- ltstarbuck reblogged this from alexandraerin
- alexandraerin reblogged this from slutofsubstance and added:
- battlestardidactica likes this
- slutofsubstance reblogged this from drpepperslonelyheartsclubband
- warlocksexalways reblogged this from cydandthat and added:
- drpepperslonelyheartsclubband reblogged this from cydandthat
- lesshumansmorecats said: Even if you are putting out requests “too often” no one has to give, and you never imply that people HAVE to give, or try to bully or manipulate people into it. You just ask. There’s nothing wrong with asking for what you need <3
- thenameoftheworms said: I mean, if you’ve been putting them out too often that’s not really YOUR fault that’s the fault of a system that is designed to keep you broke. (I’d probably be putting them out if donations wouldn’t fuck up my benefits.)
- hypotheticalthalamus likes this
- jonathan-cunningham said: cosigned
- jonathan-cunningham likes this
- tchy likes this
- kiriamaya posted this