[Image: A very racist, appropriative photo of a thin white woman in a black bikini tearing a white tee-shirt with “Bob Marley Burnin” on it, while wearing a bindi with painted on images of the Hindu deities Shiva and Ganesh on her thighs. She also has bizarre red paint on her forehead and lots of bracelets
Um… this … seems really off. Maybe I’m wrong? But .. >.>
Racist as hell
Hi, this campaign picture is from the swimwear 2011 Gypset collection. The term Gypset (gypsy + jet-set) was invented by Condé Nast journalist Julia Chaplin to describe a new emerging group of jet-set bohemians and their languid lifestyle. Eco warrior (this picture) was inspired by the actions of greenpeace and other eco-activists.
Hi this picture is still racist as hell and offensive to Hindus. Also, the term G***y is a slur to Romani’s. So it’s even more racist.
Is Julia Chaplin Romani? If not she can’t reclaim the slur G***y for her goddamn campaign. Oh and she definitely can’t appropriate MY culture either since she’s definitely not Indian. So congrats to Julia Racism is the face of Eco-activists.
Oh also does Julia even fucking understand what Shiva and Ganesh symbolise? Or that drawing their images onto a body is considered disrespectful and dirty? No? Why the fuck is a white woman wearing a bindi???? Cultural appropriation is RACIST.
This is racist and offensive. Nothing you can say can convince me of other wise.
Seriously though how the fuck are you gonna convince me that because it’s “fashion” it’s not RACIST as hell or offensive to my people? And I’m supposed to turn a blind eye to it because it’s for “green peace”? REALLY?
Not to mention the appropriation of Bob Marley…
Fuck this racist ass campaign.
what a disaster
Okay if they’re claiming that this appropriative mess is fashion and therefore art, can they at least comprehend that it is very bad art?
As in, it’s saying a whole lot of things, yes, but they are not the things it’s intended to say.
Unless the whole point is to say HI I AM A RACIST MESS WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT THEY’RE DOING, AND ALSO I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE SYMBOLS I AM USING ACTUALLY MEAN, SO IF YOU ARE ALSO A VERY CLUELESS RACIST YOU WILL WANT THIS SWIMWEAR?
granted, “very clueless racists who think they are progressive” is a large demographic, so maybe that is what they intend…
Reblogged because commentary is beautiful and true, unlike the picture.
Wow. I’m just counting up the amount of appropriation, racism, and white supremacist colonialist bullshittery where. So…we’ve got everything from a white woman ripping an image of Bob Marley (no, that’s not problematic AT ALL…/sarcasm), to blatant appropriation of the images Hindu deities and the bindi, I’m guessing those bracelets are probably no accident either, but I couldn’t track down where they’d been stolen from. I think the only thing that isn’t appropriative is the happy face necklace and that’s just plain fugly.
Holy crap, this is one most appropriative possible get ups I could ever imagine - it’s just…ugh. Disgusting. It’s like this person and the creative people behind this disaster were like, “Hmm, how many PoC cultures can we appropriate. I mean, they’re just like decorations so how many can we wear at once?”
- lingeriesexytime likes this
- natural-and-beautiful likes this
- tiny-limbo reblogged this from suunie
- daria-merkindorffer reblogged this from suunie
- squirrelkiid reblogged this from amaranth-lethia-rayne
- commiphora reblogged this from numinousnegrita
- thisisnotindia reblogged this from thisisnotafrica
- dappergq reblogged this from blackamazon
- numinousnegrita reblogged this from pissykitty
- aenaithia reblogged this from chauvinistsushi and added:
- pathetic-ocean reblogged this from suunie
- suunie reblogged this from youre6only6skin6deep
- youre6only6skin6deep reblogged this from hazeyeyez
- atlasaire reblogged this from thisisnotafrica
- iaintn0lady reblogged this from hazeyeyez
- hazeyeyez reblogged this from sseassons
- amaranth-lethia-rayne reblogged this from paradoxgrace
- paradoxgrace reblogged this from thisisnotafrica
- deepsatan666 likes this
- ameeraview likes this
- manybodies likes this
- sineatersmith likes this
- amethystlavenderphthaloblue likes this
- psychobiddy likes this
- twink-artist likes this
- youngpeopleofcolorinc reblogged this from searchingforknowledge
- pissykitty reblogged this from searchingforknowledge
- searchingforknowledge reblogged this from badass-bharat-deafmuslimpunkstar and added:
- kpop-n3rd likes this
- supernico13 likes this
- femmeempathmagus reblogged this from wretchedoftheearth
- astrochelonian reblogged this from thisisnotafrica
- badassafghanhippie reblogged this from adoseofrevolution and added:
- jollybitch319 reblogged this from ladypandacat
- the-abcs-of-life reblogged this from ladypandacat
- purpleishboots likes this
- adoseofrevolution reblogged this from strawberreli
- thoughtsandfantasy likes this
- jennabobenna10 likes this
- badkittiesarin reblogged this from ladypandacat and added:
- mixbonesgrind likes this
- makeupnshit reblogged this from ladypandacat
- ladypandacat reblogged this from insanepoet9
- lo-vedove likes this
- zoezoloft reblogged this from unnecessaryemotion and added:
- insanepoet9 reblogged this from nowherezone11
- unnecessaryemotion reblogged this from badass-bharat-deafmuslimpunkstar